Sara Speaks – Counselling, Psychotherapy & CBT
Counselling can help people to understand themselves better, alleviate distress and create a different future. I am committed to providing counseling and psychotherapy in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment.
I incorporate aspects and tools from a range of therapeutic models to offer an integrative approach. As every client is unique, I adopt a flexible approach which enables us to find a way of working that helps us to explore and resolve the issues that are troubling you.
As a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (
I work with individuals on an open-ended basis or for an agreed time period, with the aim of enabling you to enhance your life and to live it more fully.
Appointments are available
I am experienced in helping clients who have difficulties with:
My Counselling Approach is Relational
I believe that strength comes from within and that we all have the ability to change given the right conditions and motivation. Reflection and a better understanding of ourselves in relation to others are essential tools in making changes however small or large.
Everyone is unique and I work on the principle that “you are the expert on you” but at times of distress or difficulty, you may lose sight of this. This is where counseling can help you to achieve a more positive outlook and a greater understanding.
I will help and encourage you to explore difficult issues and problems in a supportive non-judgmental and confidential environment.
I worked in
- The Financial Services sector for 15 years developing and counseling, management and staff at all levels.
- I have supported and assisted staff during, and at risk of, redundancy and grievance procedures.
- I have been involved with recruitment and redundancy in both the Private and Public Sector.
- Due to my business background (employed and
self employed) I have an understanding of the pressure and stresses of working in high pressured and sales/target orientated environment.
- I have been involved on a voluntary basis for a Surrey mentoring programme aiding teenagers transitioning to adulthood.
- I have volunteered on a 24hr support line for men and women experiencing domestic violence.
- In addition to my counseling practice, I work in the public sector assisting families of children with special needs.
Foundation Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Integrative) Greenwich University.
CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
CPCAB Level 1 Introduction to Counselling
As a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, I work within the Ethical Framework for Good Practice. I am committed to ongoing professional and personal development and have completed a number of additional courses to enhance my work.
- Working with rape and sexual abuse
- Working with domestic abuse
- Working with anger
- Death and bereavement
- Working with eating disorders
- Working with Aspergers
- Solution-focused counselling
- Working with vulnerable families
I am always happy to have an initial chat over the phone to see whether you feel