What is Lymphoedema?
It is an accumulation of protein-rich fluid in the tissues as a result of an impaired lymphatic system.
Primary lymphoedema is due to a lymphatic system that has not developed properly.
Secondary lymphoedema is caused when the lymphatic system has been damaged.
What is MLD (Manual Lymphatic Drainage)?
MLD is a very light massage technique which moves the skin over the underlying tissues in order to stretch and stimulate the lymph vessels and lymphatic system; it helps removes toxins, excess fluid and other waste products from the body.
What are the conditions treated using MLD?
- Stress conditions- Chronic fatigue/ME, Headaches, Migraines
- Respiratory conditions/ Immune conditions- Sinusitis, Bronchitis, Nasal Congestion.
- Inflammatory conditions
- Post operative- reducing of scarring, swelling, inflammation and bruising
- Digestive conditions- Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Bloating
- Fluid congestion: alleviates fluid congestion: swollen ankles, tired puffy eyes, swollen legs during pregnancy.
- Conditions like Arthritis, Tendonitis
- Cyclic Idiopathic Syndrome( PMS) – MLD can offer relief
to syndrome, for fluid retention and painful breasts. pre-menstrual
Some of the conditions like Venous Insufficiency (a condition in which the veins have problems sending blood from the legs back to the heart), Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (formerly Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy-RSD- or Causalgia, is a chronic systemic disease characterized by severe pain, swelling, and changes in the skin) may benefit from MLD therapy.
- Skin conditions: Rosaceae, Acne, Stretch Marks
- Relaxes your face muscles
- Reduces dark circles and bags under the eyes
- Firms cheeks and jawline
- MLD will assist by draining any excess fluid and toxins in your body